Hiring Expert Web Developers at Hashrocket
Here's a short and sweet version of a listing I'm going to start posting on various job boards tomorrow. I'm looking to hire up to four experienced web developers in the next couple of months, bringing our billable consultant headcount up to 20 people:
Qualified candidates will:
- Have at least 5 years of serious web development experience (experience with Ruby and Rails is of course a big plus, but not absolutely necessary for the right person).
- Be "true believers" in Agile methods, including story carding, pair-programming and test-driven development.
- Relocate to sunny Jacksonville Beach, FL where Hashrocket is headquartered and currently building out brand-new, kick-ass office space. We do provide generous relocation assistance.
Besides working in an awesome location with some of the best Ruby programmers in the world on cool, progressive projects with the best clients, some of the benefits of working for Hashrocket include:
- Competitive salary
- Company-paid medical/dental coverage
- Full 401k matching up to legal limits with immediate vesting!
- Three weeks vacation, plus paid time off for conference attendance (Rubyconf, Railsconf, etc)
- Up to 8 hours paid time per week allotted to "other activities" including open-source hacking, writing books and blogs, education and other internal initiatives
- Strong emphasis on culture and lifestyle, overtime/weekend work strongly discouraged, frequent team outings and social events
- Regular opportunities to work with some of the most experienced Rails experts in the world via our 3-2-1 Guest Star program
- All our work is done on-site, so no travel requirements (great for road-warriors wanting a break)
I encourage you to ask questions and I'll keep a close eye and participate on the comment trail for this post.